The Perfect Glossary For You! You Will Learn SOOOOOOO MUCH THINGS!!!!!!
Policing Glossary
You will learn 20 police terms
- police baton
- noun
- A thick, heavy stick used as a weapon by police officers.
- Example: The policeman used his baton on this bandit.
- fr: matraque

- clue
- noun
- a piece of evidence or information used in the detection of a crime or solving of a mystery.
- Example: police officers are still searching for clues
- fr: indice
- File
- noun
- a folder or box for holding loose papers that are typically arranged in a particular order for easy reference.
- Example: a file of correspondence
- fr: dossier

- magnyfing glass
- noun
- a lens that produces an enlarged image, typically set in a frame with a handle and used to examine small or finely detailed things such as fingerprints, stamps, and fine print.
- Example: I use my magnyfing glass ot read.
- fr: loupe
- evidence
- noun
- something that furnishes proof : testimony specifically : something legally submitted to a tribunal to ascertain the truth of a matter.
- Example: we have evidences to put you in jail!
- fr: preuve
- hit-and-run
- noun
- denoting or relating to a motor accident in which the vehicle involved does not stop.
- Example: I made an hit-and-run.
- fr: délit de fuite
- inmate
- noun
- a person confined to an institution such as a prison or hospital.
- Example: I am not an inmate.
- fr: détenue
- hostage
- noun
- a person seized or held as security for the fulfillment of a condition.
- Example: I am an hostage.
- fr: otage

- handcuffs
- noun
- a pair of lockable linked metal rings for securing a prisoner's wrists.
- Example: I have handcuffs.
- fr: menottes

- robbery
- noun
- the action of taking property unlawfully from a person or place by force or threat of force.
- Example: I made a robbery.
- fr: vol
- robber
- noun
- a person who commits robbery.
- Example: I am not a robber.
- fr: voleur

- warrant
- noun
- a document issued by a legal or government official authorizing the police or some other body to make an arrest, search premises, or carry out some other action relating to the administration of justice.
- Example: magistrates issued a warrant for his arrest
- fr: mandat
- radar
- noun
- a system for detecting the presence, direction, distance, and speed of aircraft, ships, and other objects, by sending out pulses of high-frequency electromagnetic waves that are reflected off the object back to the source.
- Example: I have a radar.
- fr: radar

- motive
- noun
- a reason for doing something, especially one that is hidden or not obvious.
- Example: I have a motive.
- fr: motif
- drug
- noun
- a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body.
- Example: I use drug to fisnish this homework
- fr: drogue
- court
- noun
- a tribunal presided over by a judge, judges, or a magistrate in civil and criminal cases.
- Example: she will take the matter to court
- fr: cour
- bulletproof vest
- noun
- A vest capable of resisting the impact of a bullet
- Example: I wear my bulletproof vest everyday.
- fr: veste par balle

- autopsy
- noun
- a postmortem examination to discover the cause of death or the extent of disease.
- Example: A Study of 8 AUTOPSY Cases From Singapore
- fr: autopsie

- alibi
- noun
- A form of defense used in criminal procedure wherein the accused attempts to prove that he or she was in some other place at the time the alleged offense was committed.
- Example: I'm innocent! I have an alibi.
- fr: alibi
- accused
- noun
- A person chared with a crime.
- Example: The accused intered the room
- fr: accusé